Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 28
6:30 - wake
8:00 - breakfast = scrambled eggs with salsa
12:00 - lunch = salad from Salada (spinach, egg, almonds, chicken, broccoli, onion, vinaigrette)
3:00 - snack = mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, macadamia)
5:30 - workout = AMRAP in 10:00 30 Double Unders, 15 Ground to Overhead
8:00 - dinner = 3 Paleo Meatballs, broccoli
8:30 - herbal tea


Notes: My night has never felt complete without the routine of dessert.  My doctor was convinced it was my addiction to sweets, while I was convinced it was just the routine that closed the day.  When I was younger and before I cared about losing weight or being healthy, typically this was a bowl of ice cream drenched in Hersey's chocolate sauce.  During the Weight Watchers years, this morphed into a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich.  The South Beach phase saw me eating a bowl of ricotta flavored with cocoa powder and vanilla.  Then came Paleo, where I managed to curb this all into a square of the darkest chocolate I could find. 

Didn't really know what I was going to do with this month of restriction.  It did feel weird, not having SOMETHING to look forward to after dinner.  Well, come to find out, it really is about the routine and not the sweet tooth.  I find a hot cup of herbal tea fills this void just fine.  I've never been a tea drinker, so who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment